A pokemon forum that includes all the up to date info, with battles and challenges!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Super Mario Galaxy 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MariovSonic
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer

EXP : 13451

PostSubject: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Mon May 31, 2010 3:48 pm

"Because Yoshi need some love, too!"

It's a cool game: basically takes everything from the first Mario Galaxy and makes it more Mario-y. At first, I was a bit disappointed of the lack of Rosalina, and how the plot started as Mario Galaxy: this is how it also went, but as the game moved on... well, let's just say I had nothing to be disappointed about.

The game itself is honestly... flawless. It's fun, original, mixes things up, and overall a definite improvement of the first (which was terrific on its own merits).

Thoughts? (because I've run out, suddenly)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mario-vs-sonic.co.cc

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Mon May 31, 2010 6:28 pm

It's weird no one brought this up yet. I am one of the unfortunate few who does not yet own this game, and I need it badly. I've seen the trailers, seen the playthroughs, and hear the praise. Give meh Super Mario Galaxy 2!
Back to top Go down
NostalgiaKing
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

EXP : 13163

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Mon May 31, 2010 9:32 pm

I originally didn't care much for the original Super Mario Galaxy when I first bought it (vertigo and stuff), but I've started playing it again (because I never even came close to beating it) and I guess I've "re-discovered" it. I don't know when I'll be able to get Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I gots to beat the first one first.

I still find myself turning my head around when walking on a smaller sphere. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

EXP : 13799

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:29 am

Pokemon Z RPG wrote:
It's weird no one brought this up yet. I am one of the unfortunate few who does not yet own this game, and I need it badly. I've seen the trailers, seen the playthroughs, and hear the praise. Give meh Super Mario Galaxy 2!

i dont own it and im not complaining
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:02 am

NostalgiaKing wrote:
I originally didn't care much for the original Super Mario Galaxy when I first bought it (vertigo and stuff), but I've started playing it again (because I never even came close to beating it) and I guess I've "re-discovered" it. I don't know when I'll be able to get Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I gots to beat the first one first.

I still find myself turning my head around when walking on a smaller sphere. Ouch.

Same here, I didn't think it was that great at all, but my opinion completely changed for the better. I finally realized after a while just how awesome Super Mario Galaxy is and I want SMG 2 now!
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EXP : 14897

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Pokemon Z RPG wrote:
NostalgiaKing wrote:

Same here, I didn't think it was that great at all, but my opinion completely changed for the better. I finally realized after a while just how awesome Super Mario Galaxy is and I want SMG 2 now!

I heard some sites gave it an equivalent of an 11/10 due to already rating the first one 10/10, but since the sites said it was better than the first, they gave SMG2 that awesome rating! XD

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonx5k.pokemonlegend.org

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Dimentio the Jester wrote:
Pokemon Z RPG wrote:
NostalgiaKing wrote:

I heard some sites gave it an equivalent of an 11/10 due to already rating the first one 10/10, but since the sites said it was better than the first, they gave SMG2 that awesome rating! XD

Awesome! There is just something about a Nintendo game getting so much praise that feels so cool!

And wait... shouldn't this topic be in the Nintendo Wii Discussion?
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:58 pm

True, very true. In fact I'll move it right now! There we go, its in the Wii section! rendeer

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 am

I would rate it 9.4
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

EXP : 14030

PostSubject: havent played   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 pm

havent pllayed it yet cuz i cant buy it. and i dont pirate. not going to mention any names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:57 pm

I have been playing the original Galaxy like crazy now, because I am even more excited after watching playthroughs and Let's Plays of the game on YouTube and what not. I'm aiming for 100% this time around on Galaxy 1.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Galaxy   Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:10 pm

I never got into the mario galaxy first game although it looked quite fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:41 pm

This game pwns, for those who haven't played it. Also, its a must buy, and a step up from the first one in many ways. And i noticed that this game is only 1.4 or so GB's. While the first one was 3.2 GB's or so. That makes certain things easier! XD

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Dimentio the Jester wrote:
This game pwns, for those who haven't played it. Also, its a must buy, and a step up from the first one in many ways. And i noticed that this game is only 1.4 or so GB's. While the first one was 3.2 GB's or so. That makes certain things easier! XD

Haha Dimentio. I get my games like the average person: going to the store and buying them after they are actually released. XD
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:00 pm

really dimentio sometimes i hope u get arrested XD jk. I bet shnookis will post something about it not being illegal unless u sell the software. shnookis will try to prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:31 am

If I get arrested, who's going to take over the world then?

Back to top Go down
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer

EXP : 13783

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:36 am

Kouzetsu wrote:
really dimentio sometimes i hope u get arrested XD jk. I bet shnookis will post something about it not being illegal unless u sell the software. shnookis will try to prove me wrong.

I never said its not illegal. I said you wont get caught as long as you dont sell it. You dont even know what I said so I doubt you have any merit when it comes to the subject of piracy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:51 am

Back on subject or this will be immedeatly closed.... (yes i spelled that wrong)

Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

EXP : 13799

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:48 am

Bethon Warrior 6 wrote:
Back on subject or this will be immedeatly closed.... (yes i spelled that wrong)

well theres nothing more to talk about since everyone has replied to this topic
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:56 am

There is not really much more to say on the topic to be honest, we have covered the main parts.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 am

yea sam, just close it down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MariovSonic
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer

EXP : 13451

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

NostalgiaKing wrote:

I had that trouble at first, too. It really does have some odd camera angles that take some getting used to. I guess just focus on the environment, not Mario (but focus on him, too, or else you'll die! ^^').
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mario-vs-sonic.co.cc

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:07 am

I like them, Just they got really boring after a while
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:54 am

I have been playing this game like crazy. I have had it for like three days now and am on galaxy 1 of World 4 with all of the possible stars I can get so far at this point, as well as all of the comet medals. I am making pretty good progress so I might shoot for 100%, even though the odds are slim (there is 242 stars!). But, it is a goal to aim for, so I am content with atleast trying for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:02 am

They are Fantastic games, Just if you play it to much, It gets kinda boring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Galaxy 2   

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Galaxy 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next