A pokemon forum that includes all the up to date info, with battles and challenges!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is it worth buying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cornn
Grunt
Grunt

EXP : 13215

PostSubject: Is it worth buying?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm

I had this game back in the day when it first came out. (Talkin about the original Gold and Silver) Is this remake any good? Is it worth buying? List the pros and cons?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cornn2000.webs.com
/f0473h1u1z/
Advanced Trainer
Advanced Trainer

EXP : 13923

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Cornn wrote:
I had this game back in the day when it first came out. (Talkin about the original Gold and Silver) Is this remake any good? Is it worth buying? List the pros and cons?
\

ASking this on a pokemon forum means your probaly gonna get one sided opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

EXP : 14170

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 am

Its great. I already beat the game. all 16 gyms and i beat the elite four. it was really fun but team rocket is a pain in the butt. Plus you can unlock Kyogre or Groudon depending on which game u have and i think possibly rayquaza.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Cornn wrote:

Like I mentioned on another topic, this is one of the Pokemon titles that are on my stack of games to complete, and I will probably start fresh when I get back into it. But from the amount I got to play, it was awesome. Not only does it upgrade and improve a lot for a remake, but it holds up as its own Pokemon title rather than just another remake excuse to make more money. It holds up really well now as well. Not only that, but the difficulty level is also turned up a notch which is never a bad thing. You should get it!
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

EXP : 13939

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:02 am

Pokemon Z RPG wrote:
Cornn wrote:

Like I mentioned on another topic, this is one of the Pokemon titles that are on my stack of games to complete, and I will probably start fresh when I get back into it. But from the amount I got to play, it was awesome. Not only does it upgrade and improve a lot for a remake, but it holds up as its own Pokemon title rather than just another remake excuse to make more money. It holds up really well now as well. Not only that, but the difficulty level is also turned up a notch which is never a bad thing. You should get it!

there is one bad part cuz before you goto the pokemon league you have to battle the legendary other then that i liked the rest of it i finished the game in 3 days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:53 am

Yep, I beat it around that fast. It was difficult though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Kouzetsu wrote:

the elite four were easy i beat them in one go
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Kouzetsu wrote:

I barely did anything in mine. I don't like to rush the experience though, either.
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:26 pm

its not like i rushed or anything its just that pokemon games arent long enough
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:57 am

yep they should make em have 32 badges instead of 8.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:37 pm

Kouzetsu wrote:
yep they should make em have 32 badges instead of 8.

No they shouldn't.

I don't know if you realize this, but this would cause either HUGE waiting periods between Pokemon games or crappy rushed-quality Pokemon games made quickly.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:22 pm

No i would like that better. I would want the huge wait. Anyway 16 badges was fun in Gold and Silver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Kouzetsu wrote:
No i would like that better. I would want the huge wait. Anyway 16 badges was fun in Gold and Silver.

who cares about the huge wait because when the time comes the game will be awesome instead of 8 badges and 1 elite 4 they shud have 4 elite 4 and 32 gyms that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EXP : 15037

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:23 am

j-manza wrote:
Kouzetsu wrote:

who cares about the huge wait because when the time comes the game will be awesome instead of 8 badges and 1 elite 4 they shud have 4 elite 4 and 32 gyms that would be awesome

LOL now that would be completely insane in my opinion. There aren't even 32 types... XD No

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonx5k.pokemonlegend.org
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:29 am

Dimentio The Jester wrote:
j-manza wrote:
Kouzetsu wrote:

LOL now that would be completely insane in my opinion. There aren't even 32 types... XD No

there are cuz 4 x 8 = 32 and since there are 4 regions and 8 gyms in each it does add up to 32 different badges
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 am

Yes but some of the types repeat. Like there is a rock gym leader in kanto and a rock in sinnoh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:04 am

Kouzetsu wrote:

Yes, but that was just because they recycled the Kanto region things. But imagine: That many badges would be pretty much all of the regions released so far. It takes like three or four years for just one Pokemon game, so to make a game with 32 badges and just as much quality; you are looking at a good 16 year wait. Do you really want to wait until you are almost thirty for the next Pokemon game? I know it might not be that long, but it will probably be released earlier as a half-assed attempt at impressing Pokemon fans. I want high quality- Pokemon games, not crappy ones.
Back to top Go down
Soviet Beaver (Kouzetsu)
Cooltrainer
Cooltrainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:30 pm

It would not take 16 years knowing that it took 4 for them to make 16 badge heartgold and soulsilver and those games have good quality. Possibly 8 years but i highly doubt even that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Kouzetsu wrote:
It would not take 16 years knowing that it took 4 for them to make 16 badge heartgold and soulsilver and those games have good quality. Possibly 8 years but i highly doubt even that much.

I just said that only took that long because they recycled the Kanto region gyms. Also, I am talking about a good 32-badge game that ISN'T rushed. Even so, it is a bad idea. I would want them to spend more time on eight badges than spend the same amount of time working on eight badges. It's just not smart.
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Pokemon Z RPG wrote:
Kouzetsu wrote:

I just said that only took that long because they recycled the Kanto region gyms. Also, I am talking about a good 32-badge game that ISN'T rushed. Even so, it is a bad idea. I would want them to spend more time on eight badges than spend the same amount of time working on eight badges. It's just not smart.

actually the kanto gyms were pretty good i like the veridian and cinnabar ones the best
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:55 am

I liked this Game.
It just feels to similar to the original.
Overall its fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
NostalgiaKing
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

EXP : 13303

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:25 pm

I love these games; unfortunately, I sometimes have a low attention span, so it's taking me forever to make progress xD I got my 8th badge awhile back, but I haven't played much since then, haha. Getting back into it.

I'm playing SoulSilver, by the way. My brother was playing HeartGold, but he's fallen behind, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pokemon Z RPG
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EXP : 15037

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:13 am

The ol' bro to bro, sibling to sibling thing rite? One sibling gets one version while the other gets the other. I did this for FireRed and LeafGreen, and for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum too! Yes, i have 2 brothers.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokemonx5k.pokemonlegend.org
NostalgiaKing
Junior Trainer
Junior Trainer

EXP : 13303

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Haha, yeah. My brother got Red, I got Blue, he got Gold, I got Silver, he's supposed to get Diamond sometime, I got Pearl, and now he got HeartGold, and I got SoulSilver xD

When it comes to the third games, like Yellow and Platinum, whoever shows interest gets it xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j-manza
Experienced Trainer
Experienced Trainer

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:52 am

NostalgiaKing wrote:
Haha, yeah. My brother got Red, I got Blue, he got Gold, I got Silver, he's supposed to get Diamond sometime, I got Pearl, and now he got HeartGold, and I got SoulSilver xD

When it comes to the third games, like Yellow and Platinum, whoever shows interest gets it xD

i neva used to show interest in the 3rd ones but now i realise they are more beta i am into them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth buying?   

Back to top Go down

Is it worth buying?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next